LinksHerein lie Atari-related internet links. The emphasis is on Atari 800 class (8 Bit) machines, but, some other platforms are mentioned. If you have an Atari link that isn't here, please email it to our webmaster. The organization of the links is also evolving. If you have suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.
Atari 8 Bit
- AtariAge 8 Bit -
- AtariMania - 8 Bit - http://www.atarimania.com/atari-400-800-xl-xe.html
- Atari Museum - http://www.atarimuseum.com/ Recap of Atari products and history. Has nice list of peripherals.
- Atari Software - http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atari/ Open source software.
- Atari Source - http://www.atarisource.com/ - Dedicated to Atari 8-bit Collectors. Recounts hardware, software and one man's collection of gear
- Facebook Page Atari 8 - https://www.facebook.com/atari8
- Lotharek - Service manager in Poland by day, 8 bit device sell/repair at night. Interfaces to modern eq. http://www.lotharek.pl/
- Review - Atari 400/800 Review
- Wikipedia - Google Search for "Wikipedia Atari". Good Wikipedia articles on Atari Hardware and some software
- XF551 Floppy Disk Review - A review of a device owned by several of our members.
- Atari Archives - http://www.atariarchives.org/ is an free collection of publications and articles, available to those interested
- Internet Archive - http://www.archive.org - The Wayback Machine is also located here, that may have past incarnations of your favorite web site.
Atari Web Ring
Several web sites were located using the Random Atari 8 bit sites of the Atari Web Ring and are listed below.
- Atari 8 Bit @ John's Place - http://www.johnap.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Atari.html
- Mathy's New Improved home page - http://www.mathyvannisselroy.nl/index.htm
- Antic - http://ataripodcast.libsyn.com/ - Authoritative 8 Bit, monthly since June 2013. Also available on iTunes. Listen to March 14, 2017 interview #273 of our own Bob Woolley.
- Inverse Atascii - http://inverseatascii.info/ - So-called Atari 8 Bit Productivity Podcast
- PlayerMissile Podcast - http://playermissile.com/ - This podcast is a retrospective of the Atari 8-bit home computer systems, the magazines that covered them, and a somewhat chronological review of games as they arrived over time.
- Twitter-based #Atari8BitGames - https://twitter.com/atari8bitgames - Variety of tweets including link to Sears for Atari 400 replacement parts
- Unfinished Business - http://unfinishedbitness.info/ - Somewhat technical, programmer-oriented
- XEGS Cart by Cart Podcast - http://xegs8bit.com/ - Issued their 1st podcast, Nov. 2015. Focusing on Atari's last 8 bit computer (1986-7) called XEGS. Picks up where Player/Missile leaves off.
- Thunderdome - http://mixinc.net/atari/bbslist.htm - About Atari BBS and Telnet.
- Boot Factory - http://bf.amfband.com/ - History of BBS
- World of Atari Controller Page - http://www.worldofatari.com/controller/joystick-controllers.htm
- Atari-Forum Wiki -
http://www.atari-wiki.com/index.php/List_of_FTP_sites - List of sites.
- AtariMania - http://atarimania.com - Not exactly a file searching site but it has categorized most games from the 2600 to 400/800XL Atari machines.
- FileWatcher - http://filewatcher.com - Contains download location of emulator ROMS and many game cartridges
- XLSearch - http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/xlsearch/ - The Atari 8 Bit FTP Search Engine
- AtariAge 8 Bit Forum -
- Atari Forums - http://atari-forum.com - 27,000+ posts, 25,000+ topics, 6,000+ members with search capabilitiy.
- 8 Bit Atari Forum - http://forums.atari.org/list.php3?num=4
Games on (2600, 5200, etc)
- 2600 Purchase Tips - Tips when considering a 2600 purchase
- AtariMania.com - http://www.atarimania.com/ - Database of every Atari game on any Atari platform
- Games on Internet Archive - Article, 8 Bit Atari Library, Complete Software Library
- Play.vg - Review, Web Site - http://play.vg/ (ex. Pac-Man)
- Video Game Burial in New Mexico - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial - Recounting of historic burial of 3/4 million cartridges and consoles in 1983
- Atari 800 Facebook Groups - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Atari%20800
- Atari 800 Google Groups - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/Atari
- Atari 800 Yahoo Groups - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/search?query=Atari
Collections of Atari Links
- Atari Forum Wiki - http://www.atari-wiki.com/- For 16 and 32 bit Atari - Lots of material that relates to 8 bit including Atari History, Magazine list, BBS and How To.
- AtariMania Comprehensive site with a 400/800 section, General Links and huge game catalog
- Magelair "8 Bit Stuff" - http://www.magelair.com/atari_8bit_stuff.htm
- Thunderdome - http://mixinc.net/atari/a8men.htm - The Atari XL/XE site... lots of links including Atari Pinouts and Electronics and Web Logos
- Web Ring for Atari -
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=a8bit;random - View a random Atari Web Site on the Atari Web Ring
Labors of Love
These are Web sites that have been created by individuals who obviously love Atari hardware and software. Kudos to you!
- Atari 8 by Pasia Stotowka of Poland http://www.atari8.info
- Atari 8 Bit Forever by Bostjan Gorisek of Slovenia. http://gury.atari8.info/
- Atari Mania http://atarimania.com has complete details of Atari arcade and 8 bit, hardware and software.
- Atari Online out of Poland http://atarionline.pl/ in Polish, but auto-translated by Google Chrome, or by using http://translate.google.com
- Player/Missile Podcast by Rob McMullen of USA - http://playermissile.com. 18 free episodes of 2 hrs each (as of Dec. 2015). Hours of entertainment, with his slant on Atari hardware/software topics and Atari research.
- Analog - http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/default.htm
- Page 6/Atari User - http://www.page6.org/archive/issue_index.htm
- Atarian - #1, #2, #3
- Internet Archive - Computer Magazines - https://archive.org/details/computermagazines&tab=about
- Atari Corp Phone List 1983 - Know anyone there? http://www.jmargolin.com/history/adir83.txt
- Golden Age of Atari Computers - Slideshow of Atari Computers from PCMAG
- Old Computers- http://oldcomputers.com Some Atari info but mostly potpourri of 80s era computer gear
I don't need to tell you this, but just check Wikipedia when you want to know anything about anything. A few exceptional articles are listed below
- Atari - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari
- Atari 8 Bit Family - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_8-bit_family
- Atari 8 Bit Family Games - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Atari_8-bit_family_games
- Atari ST - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_ST - Interesting in that it shows the Atari Company's evolution to 16 bit and beyond.